Daily reference tips collection on product management
Right before my last day of work at QuikrHomes and CommonFloor I made a Product Manager’s Kit and gave as a token gift to product managers I had worked with.
I got the inspiration to create something like this when I saw the Product Manager’s Manifesto created by Medha Ghatikesh.
I remembered that there were such bits that I used to share with my team as well, and wanted them to remember some of these and use them often for their to help them in product management career. The concepts and tips are mostly on stakeholder management, right involvement of product manager in the development cycle and good practices for product management.
It had following things in it:
- Flash cards for Product Managers to refer to frequently. Contains the things they should tell stakeholders. Almost like a cheat sheet
- Six questions that product managers should ask themselves everyday
- Set of questions that a product manager should make sure he/she asks to self during the different stages of product development cycle
- Product manager’s arsenal. A collection of things to tell others and sometimes to yourself
- Product Manager’s Manifesto by Medha Ghatikesh
- SEO Periodic Table by SearchEngineLand
- A thought starter for which charts to use for different scenarios by A Abela
This is how it came out:
And here are the individual components that I created.
Flash cards for Product Managers to refer to frequently:
Here’s the product manager’s arsenal. Things to tell others and sometimes to yourself.
Here are the six questions that product managers should ask themselves everyday:
And here’s the set of questions that a product manager should make sure he/she answers during the different stages of product development cycle:
Hope these are helpful to you too.
If you are a product manager, I recommend you to take print-outs of these and stick to your desk wall.
I still have 2-3 printed copies in case you think you would like to have 🙂
Happy managing products.